Friday, April 9, 2010

Cleaning Products

I’ve found lately that I’m really becoming extra sensitive to any chemical laden product. This is especially true with the popular cleaners that are being used today, even what we have in our house. Whenever Nick insists on cleaning the bathrooms I can hardly stand the aroma just by walking by. So naturally I’m being drawn to products that are going to be less toxic (or NOT TOXIC!)- less offensive to my nose, better for the environment, yada yada yada…
I’ve found a couple of solutions recently and I’m excited to implement them into my life here soon.
First there is a new product that Lowe’s is supposed to be carrying and is even being promoted by the Organic Consumer’s Association. It is called “Greenology” and includes a variety of different types of cleaning products all meant to be safe for home, children, the environment, etc.
Also I happened upon an older post about this through Kristen’s blog today. She makes her own cleaners out of household items such as vinegar, baking soda, and Brenners soap. If you are interested in saving money and not inhaling noxious chemicals then just click on this: http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2008/09/green-cleaning-supplies-i-love.html
When I was growing up, my mom used to make her own cleaners as well. I don’t know what she used in them but they were all different colors. I’m not sure if she realized any sort of latent affect various chemicals have/had. But she showed me that it is simple so now I have that much more motivation to try it out myself!

No comments: