Friday, April 9, 2010

Composty Pants

Well I bought myself a little compost bucket to put my kitchen scraps into and now it is full. Only problem is that there is no compost bin in my backyard to haul my scraps to. And I don’t know enough about how to compost yet so it looks like I have dead ended myself. I was hoping one of the last Saturdays Nick would build a compost thing for me but he has been occupied with other things. Maybe I will just have to order one online….
Anyone have any good resources for me on composting? I’d rather be directed to a helpful website (with pictures) than a book to buy, read, and then realize that it is too late because I took too long to read the book. Any help would be so appreciated!

2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I have two compost bins from Sam's (at my new house) that are nearly full. I take scraps out frequently. I also have a bin at my office. Way back I posted some photos on PTM when I first started. We aren't crafty enough to make our own.

Amy said...

I googled it two years ago and found a very simple compost plan. It looked so easy to do. Also, doesn't Robyn show how in her book? At any rate, you can google how to make your own, and it is not that hard. Good luck!